Meet St. Catharines Naturopathic Doctor, Donata
Dr. Donata Girolamo maintains a large family practice, with special interests in mental wellness and fertility.
After graduating from the University of Toronto with an honours Bachelor of Arts degree, Dr. Donata Girolamo then pursued her passion for holistic medicine at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, becoming a licensed and registered Naturopathic Doctor.
Dr. Donata Girolamo’s mission is to optimize your health care by combining evidence-based medicine with the art and wisdom of traditional medicine. To address your health concerns, she uses acupuncture, herbs, homeopathy, nutrition and lifestyle counselling.
She maintains inspired through continuing education and has extensive training in homeopathy, auricular medicine, and medical intuition. She has additional certification in First Line Therapy, a lifestyle program for weight loss and chronic disease prevention and treatment, and WTS – a program for thyroid support. Due to her interest in the link between mind, body and spirit, Dr. Donata Girolamo has taken intensive courses in Vipassana and Mindfulness meditation, and mind-body medicine.
“When the 4 pillars of health are nourished; efficient elimination, proper physiology, wholesome nutrition, and balanced mind, true maintainable health can blossom”
~Dr. Donata Girolamo, Naturopathic Doctor.
She is certified by the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy Naturopathy and an active member of The Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors, and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors. She is a regular contributor to Health Wellness and Safety magazine, and has written for Canadian Health and Lifestyle. She is a guest speaker at Niagara College, teaching stress management with meditation, and is active in the community, giving health talks to groups like Run Girl Run, Happy Hearts, and Form Fitness.
Donata continues to follow her inspiration and helping her patients through continuing education:
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” (2005-Present)
- Reiki levels 1 &2 (2006)
- Homeopathy By the Book, Dr. Kellerstein, N.D. (2007)
- Psychosomatic Energetics level1, Biomed (2008)
- OAND Convention: Exploring the Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine (2008)
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Virginia Doran M.Ac., L.Ac., L.M.T (2009)
- One Day Unda Numbered Compound Intensive, Dr. Jacinta Willems N.D. (2009)
- Restorative Medicine Conference, Sedona Arizona (2009) Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome certification
- CNDA: Naturopathic Advancements in Gastrointestinal Conditions, California (2009)
- OAND Convention: Revolutionizing Medicine, The Connection Between Environment and Health(2009)
- CAND Convention: (2009)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy 8 week meditation program, Dr. Patricia Rockman, M.D. (2009)
- Mindfulness Webinar, Dr. Paul Epstein, N.D. (2010)
- The Evolution of Disease &Biotherapeutic Drainage™ for Individualized Medicine Dr. Robert Abell, N.D., L.Ac. (2010).
- Biotherapeutic Drainage™ & unda Numbered Compounds, Dr.Dickson Thom D.D.S., N.D (2010)
- Clinical Patient Evaluation: Miasms, Temperaments, Consitutions. Dr. Robert Abell (2011)
- Medical Intuition: Lori Wilson’s Total Body Intuition (2012-2013)
- Auricular Medicine intro and advanced Dr. K.C. Bateman, ND (2012-13)
- Case Management and Treatment of Lyme’s Disease, Dr. Adams (2013)
- The Evolution of Disease &Biotherapeutic Drainage™ for Individualized Medicine Dr. Tondelier, M.D., France (2013)